Wednesday, October 20, 2010

1968 Chaparral Comes to Life

Masterpiece Models was commissioned by Thomas Barletta to fabricate a 1/12th scale Replica
Of Jim Halls Famous 1968 Chaparral . This was in interesting project as our friend Tom gave us a ton of reference material. One of the biggest hurdles was deciphering the little differences between the 67 and 68 cars. Tom supplied us with a 1/24th scale body of the 1968 car, we then sent it to our friends at Gentle Giant for a 3D scan of the body, that became the basis of the build. As you can see from the images below, you can see the amount of work that went into this fantastic replica. I would like to extend a special thank you to Ed Warmack, and Rick Lawler for there fantastic work on this project.







Tom was nice to send us this email

John,

Just wanted to take a moment to thank you and your staff and say “JOB WELL DONE!! ”. When I came to you with this project in April I have to admit I was a little apprehensive about the spending the amount of money quoted to produce this model, particularly because of the obscurity of the subject. Hind sight as they say is 20/20 and when the final product arrived yesterday I have to say I was delighted with it. The level of detail is exactly what I was looking for and you delivered it on time and on budget. I look forward to working with you on the 1/24th scale version and will contact you as soon as I can get the background data together.

Thanks Again Tom Barletta

Please stay tuned for more project to be posted

Thank you
John Geigle

No comments: